July 11, 2011

Harry Potter - final movie this Friday!

I cannot tell you how excited I am to see the final Harry Potter movie.  I have been a fan of the Harry Potter books for over 14 years.  It all began when my oldest son was in the 3rd grade and the first Harry Potter book came out.  He and I read the first several books together over the years.  As he got older I would read, then he would read, or we would finish a book and then share it. The final book came out about 4 years ago I believe, and I remember reading the monster in just 2 days.  Although my son is now grown, I love looking back on those great memories.

If you have not read the books, but have seen the movies, I would HIGHLY recommend you also read the series.  This is one of the most amazingly written sets of books I have ever read.  The vocabulary and the descriptions are just fantastic!  I also recall reading the first book to the 3rd grade class I was teaching at the time.  We would come to the end of a chapter which signaled it was time to move on in most classes.  I would reluctantly put the book away and get the class going on their next assignment.  I remember eagerly anticipating recess time so the kids would go outside and I could pull out the book and read ahead.  I was so excited and anxious to see what would happen next.  It was just awesome.

Pick up the first book today and give it a shot.  It is completely worth it, I promise you!!!

~ Mrs. R.

No comments:

Post a Comment